Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Monday 11 November 2013

Benefit Magic Ink Liquid Eyeliner | Review

Left to Right: Benefit Magic Ink | Eyeko Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner | Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Eyeliner in Zero

Benefit are known for many makeup items. Their erase paste is known as a Holy Grail Concealer and both of their mascaras are also raved about. However, something which I see less talked about is their liquid eyeliner. Their Magic Ink Eyeliner is one of my favouite Benefit products and is my go to Black Liquid Eyeliner due to its true black colour and staying power.

Packaging:
This is benefit, so of course the packaging is nice. Benefit have a reputation for having nice packaging, with their bright colours and cute images. The eyeliner packaging is not bright or cute, but that wouldn't reflect the type of product it is. It is a black liquid eyeliner and that needs to be reflected in the packaging, considering most liquid eyeliner packaging is all black with a brand name, benefit stands out.

Applicator:
The Magic Ink applicator is a wand rather than a felt tip eyeliner. For some people, this is a negative as these types of applicators are known as being much harder to use. I don't find the Benefit applicator to be hard to use at all, and I'm not the best at applying liquid eyeliner. It can be a bit harder to get a really fine line with the brush though, but practicing with the brush makes it easier.

Colour:
To me, this is where the Benefit Magic Ink eyeliner really sets it self apart from all other liquid eyeliners out there. Benefit claim it is a  jet-black eyeliner, and it really is. As you can tell from the swatch, it really is a true black eyeliner, rather than a dark grey or 'light' black as some brands are. This is probably the blackest liquid eyeliner I've used and is why I love this eyeliner. I hate nothing more than a dark grey eyeliner disguised as a black eyeliner. If I want a black eyeliner for my upper lashes, I want it jet black. And Magic Ink delivers on this.

I've tried to swatch it next to two of my other eyeliners (1 liquid, 1 pencil) to show you how much of a true black this eyeliner is.

Lasting Power:
This eyeliner lasts well on my upper lash line. The intense black colour does slowly start to fade a bit after 6+ hours but it still remains on the upper lash line. It also doesn't smudge or flake off which is always a plus.

Availability and Pricing:
The Benefit Magic Ink Eyeliner is available for £15.50 from Benefit Cosmetics.

Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty